Garbage & Recycling
The City of Kindred contracts with Waste Management to provide residential garbage and recycling services. Garbage/recycling services appear on your monthly City Utility Bill with your water and sewer services. Garbage pickup is every Tuesday and recycling pickup is every other week on Tuesdays. Some holidays or weather may delay service. For questions regarding your garbage/recycling service, or to begin services, contact City Hall at 701-428-3115.
1. Place your totes curbside by 6:00 a.m. to ensure they are emptied.
2. Place totes a MINIMUM distance of three feet between each tote and other obstacles to provide enough room for the truck's mechanical arm. Your totes may be skipped if there is not adequate room.
3. Make sure the lids are closed so contents remain dry.
4. All garbage totes should be place on the curb or boulevard - DO NOT place them on the street.
5. Remove your garbage and recycling totes in a timely fashion, especially on snowy days, to make it easier for snow removal.
If your tote was curbside by 6:00 a.m. and was not emptied by the end of the day (after 9:00 P.M), please call Waste Management directly at 701-277-0714 or City Hall at 701-428-3115.
Damaged or Missing Tote:
If your tote is damaged or missing, you can call Waste Management directly at 701-277-0714 or City Hall at 701-428-3115, or you can fill out the online form below. Your request for service will be sent to WM. Service requests are typically fulfilled on Thursdays and may take 5-7 business days. Please leave the damaged tote that needs attention outside where it can be seen from the street on Thursday(s) unless otherwise instructed.